About Disability Employment Services
Disability Employment Services are funded by the Australian Government to assist people with disabilities gain paid employment or participate in further study or education.
The Australian Government values the contribution people with disability make to Australian society and believes that people with disability want to work and should be supported in their efforts to get and maintain a job. Disability Employment Services are uncapped, so that all eligible people with disability have immediate access to the service they need. There are no waiting lists.
Multiple existing programs have been streamlined into two clearly distinct programs, making assessment and referral processes less complex.
- Disability Management Service for job seekers with disability, injury, physical or mental health condition who require the assistance of a disability employment service but are not expected to need long-term support in the workplace
- Employment Support Service for job seekers with permanent disability, physical or mental health condition and with an assessed need for more long-term, regular support in the workplace
Did you know you can choose Status as your DES provider?
People who are eligible to receive Disability Employment Services are now able to nominate their provider of choice. At Status we provide clients with individually tailored and comprehensive services which meet their needs including capacity building, training, work experience and other interventions to help participants obtain and maintain suitable employment.
At Status, we are committed to helping people with disability to engage in community, upskill and gain employment in the open labour market.
Effective 1 July under the new Status Service Delivery model, and as part of our commitment to assist you into sustainable employment, participants may be eligible to receive:
- Free training to increase your digital literacy and employability skills through our two week Ready 2 Work Program
- A free tablet (provided by Status) to use for job searching as part of our two week Ready 2 Work Program which will be yours to keep on completion of the program *
- A free mobile phone (provided by Status) to help you stay in touch with your consultant once you’ve found work *
- Fully funded Education and Training packages to help upskill and prepare for employment
- Access to free events with local businesses
- Free matching and marketing services to facilitate direct communication with employers
- Access to specialist Disability Employment Consultants, offering a holistic approach to job searching and employment support
- Access to facilities including the use of computers, tablets, Wi-Fi, fax and phones
- Access to counselling and advocacy support while participating in Post Placement and Ongoing Support
A key distinguishing feature of Disability Employment Services is their capacity to support and manage a participant’s condition in the workplace, along with providing ongoing support in the workplace for as long as it is required.
What services does Status provide?
Status is a provider of the Disability Management Services program, and from July 1 2018, Disability Employment Support Services program. We provide generalist services for people with a range of disabilities along with a specialist program for job seekers with mental health issues.
Where can I access Status DES services?
From 1 July 2018 we will be delivering services in Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne from 20 offices:
- Adelaide - Level 4, 144 North Tce, Adelaide - (08) 8410 6861
- Elizabeth - 25 Gillingham Road, Elizabeth - (08) 8252 1952
- Gawler - Level 1, 83-85 Murray Street, Gawler - (08) 8523 4941
- Kilkenny - Unit 1, 10 - 14 Regency Road, Kilkenny - (08) 8445 2931
- Modbury - 985 North East Road, Modbury - (08) 8396 1001
- Noarlunga - Shop 131, Colonnades Shopping Centre, Noarlunga - (08) 8186 0677
- Norwood - Unit 4, 89 The Parade, Norwood - (08) 8364 4293
- Oaklands Park - Level 6, Marion Shopping Centre, 297 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park - (08) 8377 0101
- Port Adelaide - 82-84 Dale Street, Port Adelaide - (08) 8244 2000
- Salisbury - Level 1, 30 Gawler Street, Salisbury - (08) 8182 3311
- Torrensville - Shop 5, 117 Henley Beach Road, Mile End - (08) 8234 0482
- Cannington - 13 Pattie Street, Cannington - (08) 9451 8017
- Fremantle - Level 2, 22 Queen Street, Fremantle - (08) 9335 8272
- Mandurah - Unit 2, 58 Anstruther Road, Mandurah - (08) 9586 1435
- Midland - 8-12 Stafford Court, Midland - (08) 9250 8870
- Mirrabooka - Unit 20, 24 Chesterfield Road, Mirrabooka - (08) 9344 2979
- Rockingham - Level 2, 35 McNicholl Street, Rockingham - (08) 9528 6792
- Frankston - Suite 3, 108-120 Young Street, Frankston - (03) 9770 6072
- Preston - Suite 4, Level 2, 293 High Street, Preston - (03) 9416 7567
- Sunshine - Tenancy 4, 153 Harvester Road, Sunshine - (03) 9364 7791
Am I eligible for Status’ DES services?
Centrelink can assess your situation and work out if you are eligible for Disability Employment Services.
Generally speaking, job seekers with a disability who are in receipt of a Centrelink allowance such as Newstart may be eligible. Usually eligibility will require an assessment by an independent Job Capacity Assessor. There is no charge for this assessment. Please contact Status or your local Centrelink office for more details.
Phone and Tablet Information Sheet